Monday, February 16, 2009

My first post: A disclaimer

Having spent the majority of my adult years as an academic editor, I learned two important things about our language. First, it is constantly changing.  Second, no matter what you want to prove about usage and grammar, if you search diligently, you can find an expert who will agree with you. But be aware that despite the ambiguity among experts, I'll state my opinions about what I find to be preferable.

Thus, I'm sure that my musings will find favor with some but certainly not with everyone.  If you agree with me, feel free to say so.  If you disagree, please state your objections to my view politely.  And if you are just wondering about something to do with usage or grammar, chime in and ask.  If I don't know the answer, I'll try to locate one for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment